The Oregon Legislature requires that all political committees and chief petitioner committees file campaign finance transactions electronically. It also requires that the Secretary of State provide an electronic filing system to committees free of charge to comply with this requirement.
The secure web-based application developed by the Secretary of State is called Oregon Elections System for Tracking and Reporting (ORESTAR).
The Campaign Finance Manual includes information for all candidates, candidate committees, measure committees, political party committees, miscellaneous committees and petition committees about campaign finance reporting requirements.
All state candidate forms are filed with the Secretary of State and can be done through ORESTAR or by paper. A list of the State Offices that are open follows:
Contact the following organizations to find your filing officer for City, County and District offices:
- League of Oregon Cities
- Association of Oregon Counties (AOC)
- Special Districts Association of Oregon (SDAO)
Candidates Manual for all offices
Restrictions on Political Campaigning
Filling a vacancy in office is governed by the type of position. A list of statutes related to a vacancy in office is provided below:
The Recall Manual provides the procedures and regulations necessary to file a recall petition.
- Elected Officials in Oregon
- Political Parties in Oregon (pdf)
- Contribution and Expenditure Violation Cases
- Political Contributions Tax Credit Information
- Summary Reports of Campaign Contributions & Expenditures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2012 Electoral College Information